Pandit Roopnauth Sharma is the founder and Spiritual Leader of Mississauga’s Ram Mandir, a Hindu temple, where he attends to a community of over 3,000 families on all religious and social matters. He is also the founder of Canada Hindu Heritage Centre (CHHC). CHHC is focused on addressing the social, economical and cultural and needs of the Hindu community. Pandit Sharma is also the driving force behind projects related to family issues, poverty, youth violence and low-income housing.
Pandit Sharma is an eloquent and knowledgeable speaker and is involved in extensive public speaking engagements on the subject of Hinduism, personal development and youth issues. He has been working mainly in Canada, USA and the Caribbean in promoting the Hindu way of life.
Pandit Sharma currently is involved with the following organizations
- President of the Federation of Hindu Temples of Canada
- Member of the Credit Valley Spiritual Care Group and the 905 Faith Leaders group that represents the multi-faith communities within the Peel Region and surrounding areas.
- Vice President Ontario Multifaith Council
- Hindu Chaplin For Federal Detention Centres
- President and Spiritual Leader Ram Mandir
- President Canada Hindu Heritage Centre
Professionally, Pandit Sharma has an extensive banking background combined with twenty five years of information technology and management consulting experience. During this period he served in many senior management positions in public and private corporations.
His philosophy: “Service to others first then the self.”